love our little family

love our little family

Monday, April 7, 2014

It's been a while...

So it's been quite a while since I've posted. Over a year in fact. I cannot believe Capri is almost 13 month's and she is so smart and beautiful. I am so happy that I have her in my life and I have learned so much by being her mother. She has quite the temper and holds her breath until she passes out when she does not get her way/when she gets set on the floor and wanted to be held/gets hurt etc. It was really scary at first, and still is, but we've talked to doctors and its just something she will outgrow I guess...may be when she is 8 though.... it happened at 7 months the first time, she's always had a temper so I guess I wasn't so surprised when it started happening. I mean she screamed hours on end the first 4 month's of her life, and would hold her breath but didn't pass out. AND my mil used to pass out as a kid so I guess its in the genes. But now that she can communicate with us better she is such a happy child most of the time. I love her giggle and how much she loves life. She laughs at our dog all the time, loves to "go go" and has so many words and signs that she knows I can't believe it! Some aren't always said correctly obviously but she will bring a box of crackers and say "Gacka" and hand me the box and shake her head yes when I ask if she want's one. Its so cute! She also likes to feed herself, its been hard since she is allergic to milk and has gotten hives and eczema pretty bad when she gets accidental dairy in something but we are finding more and more things that she likes and can have.
Signs she knows: food, more, please, bath, all done 
Words: Mom, Dad, Dor (Thor) or sometimes its DO for dog, Bye, Hi, Go, No, Yeah, Wow, "Kak Kak" (Quack Quack for her bath ducks), Mimi (Minnie), Gacka (Cracker), "Baaa" for bath, Nana (Banana), Boon (balloon), Ball, and I don't know if I'm forgetting anything... but she is very good at mimicking other things we say and its been amazing to watch her.  I know I'm forgetting some words she says but you get the gist. She's amazing and so smart!
She absolutely loves balloons and always points at them if they are in the store and even was yelling at some man at Smith's "boon boon boon" and signing please who was checking out with them, it was hilarious. She thought he should be buying them for her.
Capri always wants to "go" she will stand by the door and yell "go go" "go go" and loves to walk around stores and points to things and just giggles. She also loves going on walks especially when we take Thor with us and listen to music. She also is hilarious with the dogs and will walk around and shake her finger at them and say "no no no" "no no no". I guess she thinks she can tell the dogs what to do.
She still does not sleep at night and never has (well she's slept 6 hours straight 2 times in her life so far), we have tried so many different things and none of them have worked, she is very stubborn. She sleeps from about midnights to 3 and then is up for 45 minutes, goes back to bed, up at 6 or 7 and then up and then a nap from 9-10:30, a hour nap in the afternoon. She will throw up if we let her CIO and I have to hold her hand through the crib every night to put her to sleep. But its really my favorite part of the day, she reaches through the crib and holds my hand, she gives me kisses and babbles to me. I love it. Capri loves her grandparents and is so lucky to be able to see both sets often.
Now on to Jeremy. He was accepted to Graduate school and we could not be more excited! He will be going into Speech Pathology. He studies hard and has actually been writing a long 25 page paper for a project for one of his classes this semester. He helps so much with Capri that I would not have been able to handle the last year without him. He is my rock and there for me no matter what, the past year has been some of my happiest and hardest times of my life, but I will forever be grateful that I have such a loving husband to stand by me through everything and be there to help me get through. I love my family and am so grateful that I was blessed to have them. I am also grateful to my parents for how much they have helped with babysitting so Jer and I could go on dates and even sleep!





No comments:

Post a Comment