love our little family

love our little family

Friday, August 8, 2014

So this is mostly so I remember the different amazing things that Capri can do and say and she's only almost 17 months old. She has been so motivated in life to do things as fast as possible. Screaming as she learned to roll over at 12 weeks, walking around furniture at 7 months, and taking her first steps at 9 months (although actually walking didn't happen until she was 11 month's old, just couldn't get the balance thing down very well with how impatient she is).
Jer and I remember worrying so much about her when she was an infant and hardly ever babbled. We had screaming for hours on end every day while she was sleeping and awake....but babbling hardly ever happened. We would watch other younger babies babble and capri just was not interested. She also did not seem happy and rarely ever coo'd or smiled. I never imagined I'd have such a happy cute toddler. She still has quite the temper and her emotions are either very happy and laughing or crying and screaming in the store if she can't "walk walk walk". I get soooo many stares when out in public its insane. I'm sure people have thought "dang that baby NEEDS something help her!" "Why would you let your kid just cry?" etc etc. I've seen the stares. Little do they know she just wants to go run up and down the aisle's reeking havoc on everything, or just wants the "ball" she just threw fifty times, or is screaming for an "app! app! app!" when what she really wanted was the tomatoe and I don't really want a tomatoe mess all over her and the shopping cart. In that case I kept telling Jer to go get a real apple so she could eat it while I tried to help her calm down. She knows what she wants and she goes for it. She loves life and interacting with anyone and everyone. It's so fun to watch her and realize how wonderful life would be if we were all so loving and interacted with everyone we met, saying "hi" to everyone she see's in the store and just being so darn cute! We spend a lot of time in Lowes and Home depot due to our house renovations and yesterday when we were there she was throwing a tantrum and wanted "IN" the cart part not the seat part. so I told her she had to stay sitting down and she was yelling "FUN! FUN! FUN!" as we walked around the store. It was fun to see her so happy....of course I kinda gave in to the Tantrum....lol who has the energy to fight over everything right? Capri loves the neighbor kids and they love her. She has been a hit since we moved in, she loves when they come over to play and she is so fun to watch play with them.
Capri LOVES animals and she especially loves Thor. Every morning when we wake up (not that anyone slept much with her waking 10 times in the night....although Jeremy takes care of both of us and does SO much so that I can get some sleep. I already have insomnia issues and having Capri waking up every hour to hour and a half has been the hardest thing for us to deal with. We are so happy there isn't constant screaming anymore though. Jeremy takes a shift sleeping with Capri as after about 3 or 4 am she won't go back to sleep in her toddler bed, she has to be with someone and I cannot sleep that way at all. Jeremy has been the best Father and husband I could have ever asked for. I never imagined that he would be so caring to our little girl and soooo helpful. I am so blessed to have him.

So like I said we were worried about Capri's speech as an infant because she didn't babble much, but when she knows a word she say's it. She doesn't do a lot of babbling unless she thinks she knows what she is saying. She still has a little bit of a hard time with foods, she choked a lot as an infant anytime we tried to feed her anything other than a puree', and she's allergic to milk so it was really hard to get her to eat much of anything because she chews things and then spits them right out. She still does this but I have since learned about a dr. who has 12 different signs of a high needs baby and not eating well and being very specific about texture's of food and such is a big sign of a high needs child. She definitely is picky about textures and even if she eats a couple of bites a lot of times we have throw up everywhere if she decides its not up to par with her pallet. lol. She does eat mango's, banana's, olives, peanut butter, green beans, carrots, fruit snacks, ham, crackers and cheerios pretty good. So we are getting better :).

Here is a list of words that she know's. I am so amazed every day when she knows more and more words.
book, door, food's, pants, cracker (caka), elk. deer, moon, shine, pretty (which is either flowers in her hair or any of my jewlery) bunny, juice, up, down, on, slide, two (only number she will say when she see's numbers...so she totally doesn't know exactly what it menas but knows that is a number I guess), cold, hot, bee, flies (butterly), chalk, cup, truck, doc (for Doc mcstuffins), potty (she knows but she doesn't go very often- actually says uh oh when she's going though and mess when shes messy) soft, teeth, baby, frog, rock, honk (she honks her nose or my nose and laughs) Thor, Dog, ball, vroom (for cars, more all done, sneaky, fun fan, cat, meow, moo, frog, Naaay (for horse), banana (nana), mama/mom, dad grandpa/papa, sup or whasup (when on the phone), boon(balloon), thank you, please, your welcome, boom boom (bottle- so not close really but its adorable), eye, nose, toe, foot/feet, shoes, sock, side (outside), bear, mimi (Minnie), ear, hat, come, stay, sit, see, no, yeah, brush, teeth, show, go go, Bo, song, shhe, sad, uh oh, owe, baaa for sheep, bye bye, hi, hello, duck, quack quack, bath, can make a pig snorting noise its sooo cute! She also knows about 10 signs as well but has since learned the words and says them at the same time. So cute!
I don't have recent pictures on my computer yet so I'll put on of my all time favorites.


We love our new home and have had a fun time fixing it up and everything. It has been a great thing for us as a family and I can tell Capri loves our home as well. It's perfect for us and I'm so glad that we found it and were able to fix it up so nice. I didn't know that I would be so happy with it after all of our hard work. and it was a lot of work, luckily we had a lot of help from my parents and Jeremy's  aunts, uncles cousins, and his dad help us out a lot on our house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment