love our little family

love our little family

Monday, March 2, 2015

Family, grandparents, and time. My thoughts late at night while capri won't sleep. lol


Family is important, I know things don't matter, but I am grateful for the few things I have to remember my sweet Grandma Gibson. The memories are there and she is the reason the things mean anything to me.
This is my grandmother's cedar chest I painted last summer. I have been excited to have a home of my own to put it in ever since I was a little girl and got the chest when she passed away. I love it and I miss her so much. I have been thinking a lot about her lately, how much she meant to me and how she made me feel so happy and loved. I miss her more than words can express. I remember moving to Henderson when I was only 2 and missing her so badly knowing we were far away from her. We had lived with her when I was a baby and according to my mother she babied me so much. I distinctly remember seeing the corner of the picture frame sticking slightly out of one of the moving boxes. I was so excited to have found the picture of her and pulled it out and kissed it.
I fell out of a tree house the day she passed and hurt my back pretty badly. I hurt my back last week and when I remember the first time I hurt it I feel the pain of missing her. She didn't have a lot of money, I could tell that at a young age, but I didn't care. I just wanted to see her and spend time with her. I loved when she would visit and she would get to sleep in my room because I had a full bed. (I was NOT happy when my parents got rid of it and I had to move to a twin bed.) I loved her and the time she spent with me. It was special, she made me feel special. The older I get the more I realize how much TIME is important. Spending time with family and memories are important. It's what really lasts and I will never forget or stop missing my sweet grandmother until I get to see her again. I'm so grateful to my living grandmother Smith for paying the way for my grandma to come to my baptism when I was 8 years old. She hates flying and offered to send my Grandma Gibson. At the time we did not know our time was short, and having her there in Oklahoma for my baptism is a treasured memory to me.
I was talking with Jeremy late the other night, explaining how much I missed her. How I felt silly, but I just wish I could be with her, I want to know that she is okay and to see her again. I believe that I will, I just am very impatient and wishing life were easier...lol. I know silly me. Anyways, Jeremy said something that helped me "It's like wanting your mom here right now in the room with us, no matter how much you want it, she can't be here RIGHT now." She still exists she's just in another place. I know my Grandma is with my Grandpa and I'm sure she is so happy. But I still miss her.

She always did my hair when she came to visit and I loved it!


Why yes, we are waving corn around

I also have a silver turquoise ring that I wear almost daily.

The next generation....my mom has been an amazing Grandmother to Capri. She has helped so much and calls and talks to me and Capri daily. Capri loves her "grammy" and her "Papa" so much. Working in Utah has been a lot easier knowing she is spending time with them while I am out working. They come up to visit often and Capri is a spoiled only grandchild who loves the attention.
  
"Papa" and Capri are best friends. Their bond is a special one, she loves face-timing him and he has been so giving. Our Christmas family trip to Hawaii was all my sweet daddy. He paid for everything and I will be forever grateful for the sweet memories we had there. Capri loved Hawaii and seeing all of the new things, the beach, sand, shells and rocks. I'll do another post just about Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment